Writing a Personal Statement
8th February (8.45am): SDC Virtual Event, What is an Apprenticeship?
8th February (1.30pm): SDC Virtual Event, How to find an Apprenticeship?
Exeter College Showcase 20th April 2021: 4-7pm
9th February (8.45am): SDC Virtual Event, Available Apprenticeships
9th February (1.30pm): SDC Virtual Event, What is an Apprenticeship?
Your Personal Statement should be approximately one A4 page, typed or hand written. Personal statements include the following elements:
- What kind of person you are.
- Your talents/ Subjects you are good at.
- In school activities.
- Out of school activities.
- Your skills.
- Your responsibilities.
- Your goal(s)/ aims (s).
Remember don’t just list, if you give 3 or 4 descriptive words use the right punctuation and back up your reasoning, for example:
‘ I am a caring, thoughtful, conscientious and hard-working person. This is demonstrated though my volunteering work for a local vets.’
- Should be easy to read.
- Use paragraphs.
- Correct punctuation and spelling is very important.
- If using a PC make sure the wording is aligned.
- Check double check and check again!!!
Here is an example of a good specimen Personal Statement: